Re: Updated M3IO*Convention.java

 On 9/9/2010 5:30 PM, Todd Plessel wrote:
Hi John,

On Sep 8, 2010, at 7:58 PM, John Caron wrote:

I think the WRF Polar Stereographic is now correct,
Agreed.

If you have any test datasets, I would be glad to add them to my unit tests.
Well for WRF just the file you have already.
But, since you've asked...
we have two NetCDF files that supposedly use CF-1.0 conventions
and should be (but currently aren't) readable using your NetCDF-Java library.
You can get them from:

ftp scienceftp.epa.gov
gsfc_daac
B#iN2Ggy
bi
be
ha
get AURAMS_GEM_sample_files.tar
by
tar xvof AURAMS_GEM_sample_files.tar
ncdump -h AURAMS_42km_grid_sample.nc
ncdump -h GEM_ampp_42km_grid_sample.nc

Let me know if you think you'll be able to write a CFConventions.java
for these files (or if these files are invalid).
I noticed that they have lon and lat arrays, but also info on polar
stereographic.
I'm not sure if they data should be displayed in lon-lat space or polar
stereographic.
Probably polar stereographic and the lon/lat arrays are just auxiliary.

In any case, we'd like our AURAMS/GEM users to be able to visualize their data
in IDV and VERDI - both of which use your NetCDF-Java library.

Thanks,

Todd

These are working for me in the latest version of ToolsUI 4.2. What problem are you seeing?