Re: [netCDFJava #WHS-849334]: point observation question

On 4/7/2010 8:11 AM, Rich Signell wrote:
John,

I was trying to help Ellyn Montgomery on this ticket item, and we were
trying to pattern our station data after the example you provided via
a zip file to Nan Galbraith many moons ago.

We've spent 2 hours on this, and we although the CoordSys views look
identical on these two NcML files, the one you created
("station.ncml") works fine as Point/Station, while the one we created
("usgs.ncml") fails to open with Point with the error:

Can't open C:/RPS/cf/oceansites/usgs.ncml:
NestedTable: cant find variable lat for coordinate type Lat
NestedTable: cant find variable lon for coordinate type Lon
NestedTable: cant find variable deth for coordinate type Elev
Table Structure(record):lat/lon/time coord not found

We have reached the point of no return.   Can you spend 5 min with the
attached zip file and save us?

Thanks,
Rich

you need to add the infamous:

<attribute name="Conventions" value="CF-1.5"/>

FYI, use FeatureTypes/FeatureScan in ToolsUI to help debug. Can scan an entire direcrory tree. left click to view in other tabs.

this wouldnt have told you what was missing, but you might have noticed that it wasnt getting parsed as CF like station.ncml was.