Re: gribtonc decoder

Wilfrid,

The bad news is gribtonc decoder has been deprecated but the good news is there is a much easier decoder software. Your process of converting grib2 files to netcdf files is the hard way.

Look at page: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf-java/

There is a tutorial on the page, it provides a section on grid datasets. There is a program called ToolsUI to look at the data and display the data from it's raw format, ie grib2. It would be worth your time to download and run ToolsUI on your data sets.

There is also a low level converter located at:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/decoders/

The netcdf-java package is build ontop of the Grib-java decoder and hides the messing grib details from the user.

Hopefully this helps,
Robb...