[netCDFJava #QIZ-930488]: NCML aggregation including ONLY requested variables

> Hi John,
>
> The site
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/ncml/v2.2/Aggregation.html
> tells me how to define aggregation variables, but not how to perform a
> simple joinExisting aggregation (with time as the agg. variable) which
> only includes specific field variables.  For instance, I want to
> aggregate a number of files which each contain 90 variables, but I only
> want to include "Temperature" and "Dewpoint" variables in the aggregation.
>
> Can you explain how to do so?
>
> Thanks,
> Tom

Youll have to remove the variables that you dont want manually like this:

<netcdf xmlns='http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/namespaces/netcdf/ncml-2.2'>
  <remove type='variable' name='P'/>
  <aggregation dimName='time' type='joinExisting'>
    <netcdf location='file:src/test/data/ncml/nc/jan.nc'/>
    <netcdf location='file:src/test/data/ncml/nc/feb.nc'/>
  </aggregation>
</netcdf>

Ticket ID: QIZ-930488
Department: Support netCDF Java