[netCDFJava #EHW-451325]: Error with a BUFR file

> Full Name: bacheviller
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 4.0
> Operating System: linux / windows
> Hardware:
> Description of problem:
>
> Hello,
>
> I get bad values with the provided BUFR file for "K index", "KO index",
> "Max buoyancy" fields. I suspect these fields are concernes because
> their data width reaches 8 bits.
>
> The problem only occurs for points where data are missing : instead of
> getting a 255 value (which is the right code for such data), I get a -1
> value. Maybe due to signed/unsigned data ?

Hi Frederic:

Yes, the raw access keeps the data as bytes (for efficiency) which means 255 ==
-1, since bytes are signed in java.

If you want the library to handle that for you, open with
NetcdfDataset.openDataset(). You will see that those variables are now type
float with missing values set to NaN.

Ticket ID: EHW-451325
Department: Support netCDF Java