Re: choking a TDS request

Steve Hankin wrote:
Hi John,

For the upcoming GHRSST meeting (which I am not attending, myself) I've volunteered to provide a slide about the importance of aggregation. Apologies if this is a question that I should know ... but is it possible to configure TDS to "choke" or restrict the size of a request? This becomes an issue (I'm sure you know) if a user tries to extract a long time series at a point from a sequence of aggregated (huge) satellite grids.

    thanks in advance - Steve

Hi Steve:

3.17 has no way to restrict the request.

In 4.0 we limit the size of opendap requests to 500 Mb. We need to make this user-settable. It appears you would like to be able to limit an aggregation request by the number of files in an aggregation?