[netCDFJava #MAO-189374]: Reading HDF5 files containing 'hdf5 external links'

Hi Didier:

We use NcML Aggregation for this kind of thing. The main limitation is that its
only used in Netcdf-Java, though it _may_ eventually get added to the C
library. But if you are using java, this is a viable option now:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/ncml/