[netCDFJava #VSP-832015]: ncdf4: filling empty object with data?

An IOSP is for creating a NetcdfFile object, populating it, and satisfying the
read requests. You have to do all that. If you are pulling the data from
somewhere other than a RandomAccessFile, you can pass in a null
RandomAccessFile. So im thinking thats the best way to do it.