[netCDFJava #FFP-649276]: BUFR support: what types are supported?

Hi Joaquin, Rich:

Unfortunately, because BUFR uses some of the new CDM features, the TDS OpeNDAP
server cannot yet handle the BUFR format. That capability is currently expected
to be added in the TDS 4.1 release.

The files are not gridded data, so the WCS server wont work on them.

In terms of the 2 files that Rich sent, one of them (RITA..) looks like the
same as Joaquin (temp/salinity profiles). We are working on reading those into
the IDV through the new point feature interface.

The second file (synop.bufr) is a collection of many messages (which is fine)
but they are not all of the same type. Our BUFR reader can only read
homogeneous collections. So these will have to be broken out and served
separately. How was this file created?

A question I have for you: are you just trying to provide remote access to
these files to the IDV, or do you have other opendap/wcs clients that want to
read them?