Re: EDC and netcdf-java libraries

Hi Roy:

The normal use of scale/offset works fine.

The known bug in 2.2 is not correctly enhancing members of structures.

Rich reported a bug probably related to aggregation, but im not sure of the scope of it. In 4.0, I did a more careful job on getting enhancement correct, so im not surprised its now fixed.

I expect 4.0 to be reasonably stable within the month.

Roy Mendelssohn wrote:
Hi John:

Our "Environmental Data Connector" at he moment is using toolsUI-2.2.22.jar. Rich Signell, in testing it with some model output, found that it did not apply the scale and offset from a file, which he said is a known bug in that version of toolsUI and is fixed in toolsUI-4.0.jar.

Questions:

1.  Is Rich's assertion basically correct?

2.  Is toolsUI-4.0.jar stable enough to use in the EDC?

I know that package names etc have been changed between versions, so that will take some programming, but that is a different issue. For now, we just want to know you thoughts if we were to use toolsUI-4.0.jar in the application.

Thanks,

-Roy

**********************
**********************
Roy Mendelssohn
Supervisory Operations Research Analyst
NOAA/NMFS
Environmental Research Division Southwest Fisheries Science Center
1352 Lighthouse Avenue
Pacific Grove, CA 93950-2097

e-mail: address@hidden (Note new e-mail address)
voice: (831)-648-9029