[netCDFJava #ABJ-407885]: Add global attributes to a netcdf file obtained with ncgen.

Hi Leda,

> I have to transform an ascii file to netcdf, I followed your suggestion
> in this link:
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/workshops/2007/bestpractices/Misc.html
> Now I have to add Global Attributes but I can't because it's necessary
> to have a file in define mode. If the file already exist, because I
> used ncgen utility how can I do? I think adding a dummy variable and
> to associate attribute to it.

It would probably be easiest to add the desired global attributes to your CDL
file and run ncgen again.

Have you read the "Writing NetCDF Files: Best Practices" document
(http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/BestPractices.html)? It is a
very good summary of things to think about when creating a netCDF file. The
first section is about attribute convention which might be useful as you work
on global attributes.

Hope that helps.

Ethan

Ticket ID: ABJ-407885