Re: example THREDDS dataset

should be an id on the dataset in the catalog. but it has to be in the actual
catalog, not a referenced (nested) one.

eg

thredds:http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/catalog/fmrc/NCEP/NDFD/CONUS_5km/files/catalog.xml#fmrc/NCEP/NDFD/CONUS_5km/files/NDFD_CONUS_5km_20070227_1800.grib2

Jon Blower wrote:
Hi John,

Yes, I'd spotted that, don't worry (I do that all the time too!)  What
I meant was that I can't figure out what goes after the '#' in the
thredds string that is passed to openDataset().  I've tried using some
IDs from the catalog file but no luck.  Could you send me a complete
example string (from your "motherlode" thredds server) that I can pass
to openDataset() please?

Thanks, Jon

On 2/27/07, John Caron <address@hidden> wrote:

sorry, i misled you. use openDataset() or openFile(). I make the same mistake all the time.