Re: FW: Error Calling Java from MATLAB

Hi Rich:

Sorry to take so long, i was on vacation last week.

It looks like there is an old(?) version of ucar.units in their classpath, based on:
java.io.IOException: Could not open null
        at
com.mathworks.toolbox.mbc.units.UnitXML.urlToInputSource(UnitXML.java:547)
        at com.mathworks.toolbox.mbc.units.UnitXML.toXdoc(UnitXML.java:151)
        at com.mathworks.toolbox.mbc.units.UnitXML.getFromXML(UnitXML.java:114)
        at ucar.units.StandardUnitDB.addFromXML(StandardUnitDB.java:173)
        at ucar.units.StandardUnitDB.<init>(StandardUnitDB.java:115)

The source from ncSrc-2.2.16.zip matches the class in toolsUI-2.2.16.jar.

Whoever is debugging should check their classpath; putting toolsUI-2.2.16.jar
first should get the correct class. If it isnt obvious, add the -verbose option
to the java command, then grep through the output until you find where the
ucar.units package is getting loaded, it will look something like:

[Loaded ucar.units.StandardUnitDB from file:/C:/dev/thredds/cdm/target/classes/]

Let me know if I can help further.

PS: I have another user who wants to know how to read netcdf/CF into MatLab. Is
this a standard feature ? if so, can I point him to some docs? thanks...

Rich Signell wrote:
John,

The Mathworks tech support is trying to debug a problem encountered when
running NetCDF java from inside Matlab.

I gave them

ncSrc-2.2.16.zip  toolsUI-2.2.16.jar

but they say (see message further below):

 >"The developer wanted to debug the StandardsUnitDB.java file, but he
 > believes this file is outdated with the JAR-file as there is no
 > addFromXML function in this file.  Can you verify that you gave us
 > the source code that was used to create the JAR-file?

Can you verify this for them?

Thanks,
Rich

address@hidden wrote:

[THREAD ID:1-2YEEMP]

Hi Richard,

A couple of days ago I sent you a reply requesting some additional
information to help us resolve the problem you reported. Since I have
not yet heard back from you, I am not sure whether you received my
e-mail or whether you still need assistance.  I am forwarding the
e-mail that I sent in case you did not previously receive it.

If you still need assistance, please let me know.

Thank you, Mark

Mark Jones Application Support Engineer The MathWorks, Inc. http://www.mathworks.com/support File Exchange:
http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/ Phone: (508) 647-7000