Re: Problem Reading GRIB Data

Adityarajsingh Santokhee wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to read a variable's data from a GRIB file. The read(java.util.List
section) function is giving an array out of bounds error message for any
section apart from the whole range. Are there any workarounds to this problem
or should I load whole data for that variable and then do subsetting. This
might be a problem if I have to read hundred's of files.
Error Message:

       at ucar.ma2.ArrayFloat.setFloat(ArrayFloat.java:193)
       at ucar.ma2.IteratorFast.setFloatNext(IteratorFast.java:61)
       at
ucar.nc2.iosp.grib.GribServiceProvider.readXY(GribServiceProvider.java:177)
       at
ucar.nc2.iosp.grib.GribServiceProvider.readLevel(GribServiceProvider.java:150)
       at
ucar.nc2.iosp.grib.GribServiceProvider.readData(GribServiceProvider.java:134)
       at ucar.nc2.NetcdfFile.readData(NetcdfFile.java:848)
       at ucar.nc2.Variable._read(Variable.java:737)
       at ucar.nc2.Variable.read(Variable.java:451)
       at ucar.nc2.dataset.VariableDS._read(VariableDS.java:206)
       at ucar.nc2.Variable.read(Variable.java:451)
       at ucar.nc2.dataset.VariableDS._read(VariableDS.java:206)
       at ucar.nc2.Variable.read(Variable.java:475)
       at Test2netcdf.readData(Test2netcdf.java:76)
       at Test2netcdf.main(Test2netcdf.java:128)

Cheers,

Adit.

Hi Adit:

send us the file or URL to the file so we can try to reproduce the problem. also, what version of jar file are you using ? (see README inside it)