[McIDAS #NPS-161998]: Radar site location change in Louisiana, how do we update the database(s)?

Greetings,

> So, here's the official support email for the move of the New Orleans, LA
> WSR-88D from Slidell, LA to Hammond, LA. As you know, KLIX becomes KHDC on or
> around March 31.

For the records, here are the details of the new KHDC site:
https://www.weather.gov/media/notification/pdf_2023_24/scn24-11_khdc_nexrad_level_iii_product_dissemination.pdf

> What McIDAS database file(s) handle this for a seamless transition, so that
> the moment the radar comes online, we can seamlessly start producing NEXRAD
> imagery from it using McIDAS?

I'm going to get you the right answer(s) to this, though it may not be right
away.  Since there's still the better part of two months before the site comes
online I don't feel there's a high urgency on this; please let me know if there
is.  Otherwise I'll get back to you relatively soon with next steps.

Best,
-Mike

Ticket ID: NPS-161998
Department: Support McIDAS
NOTE: All email exchanges with NSF Unidata User Support are recorded in the
Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through the
web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made available in this way,
you must let us know in each email you send to us.