[McIDAS #SDI-707505]: McIDAS 2021 no gui?

Hi,

re:
> I replaced both makefiles, keeping an eye on file sizes as my marker.  I'm
> assuming you meant for the second makefile to go
> into /home/mcidas/mcidas2021/xcd/src/makefile so that's where I put it.

Exactly.

re:
> Make all xrd as well as make install.all install.xrd both went off without
> error, looks like you got it!

One of the things that was not being done was removal of the:

~mcidas/mcidas2021/jasper/build-jasper

directory, so one of the updates in the main makefile was aimed at addressing
this.  Since this directory was not being removed during a 'make clobber',
it is possible that it staying around was the cause of libjasper.a being saved
in the build-jasper/lib directory instead of a build-jasper/lib64 directory.
Can
you check your build so see which library subdirectory was created for your
most recent installation?

NB: this would only have changed if you did the 'make clobber' after installing
the two reworked 'makefile's and then did a full build and installation:

<as 'mcidas'>
-- extract and copy the main makefile to ~mcidas/mcidas2021/src
-- extract and copy the XCD makefile to the ~mcidas/mcidas2021/xcd/src directory
cd ~mcidas/mcidas2021/src
make clobber

make all xrd && make install.all install.xrd

OR

make all xrd install.all install.xrd

re:
> As an aside, I noticed I have a /home/mcidas/mcidas directory, nothing in
> there except for an empty directory "data."  Based on the timestamps though
> it looks like ~/mcidas is getting made on each install.  Is there a reason
> for these empty dirs?

For an installation on a server, this directory is used for debug output
and some other things.  For an installation like yours and mine, this
directory is largely unused, but it being there is still needed to
match SSEC's installation procedure.

Ticket ID: SDI-707505
Department: Support McIDAS