[McIDAS #WJO-141001]: Plotting GLM Flash Extent Density

Hi Carol,

re:
> Oh great! I can download the new version quickly this afternoon if you put
> it on ftp, and then can we install it tomorrow afternoon?

Sounds good.

I just uploaded all of the files needed to our anonymous FTP machine:

machine:    ftp.unidata.ucar.edu
user:       anonymous
pass:       your_email_address
directory:  pub/mcidas/v2021
files:      mcidasx2021.tar.gz  mcinet2021.sh  mcinet.sh  mcunpack  mcupdate
mcupdate.tar.gz

FTP all of the files to the ~mcidas directory.

Here is what the files are:

mcunpack           - script to unpack the McIDAS-X distribution
mcidasx2021.tar.gz - the Unidata McIDAS-X v2021 source release
mcinet2021.sh      - the v2021 script that is run by 'root' to setup
                     remote ADDE services.  Only needed for installations
                     that provide ADDE access to other machines
mcupdate           - script that unpacks the update tarball
mcupdate.tar.gz    - the cumulative set of files that has changed since
                     the initial v2021 release

I'd like to be in a Meet with you before you do anything so that I can
see how the process goes on a non-Unidata machines.

Please let me know as soon as you have downloaded all of the files so
I can remove them!

> Thanks,
> Carol
>
> address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Hi Carol,
> >
> > re:
> > > When do you think the new McIDAS version will be ready? At some point
> > this
> > > week?
> >
> > There is a version available now.
> >
> > re:
> > > In short, it would be great to have your help with installation. I know
> > it
> > > was pretty quick the last time we did this.
> >
> > I could look over our shoulder in a Meet while you build and install
> > the new distribution.
> >
> > Please let me know when you are ready to download the new version, and I
> > will stick it out on our anonymous FTP server for you to grab.  I do not
> > want to put the files out there before you are ready because they would
> > be accessible by anyone, and that would violate our licensing agreement
> > with SSEC.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Tom
> > --
> >
> > ****************************************************************************
> > Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata
> > Program
> > (303) 497-8642                                                 P.O. Box
> > 3000
> > address@hidden                                   Boulder, CO
> > 80307

> > Unidata HomePage                       http://www.unidata.ucar.edu
> >
> > ****************************************************************************
> >

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: WJO-141001
> > Department: Support McIDAS
> > NOTE: All email exchanges with Unidata User Support are recorded in the
> > Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through
> > the web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made available in
> > this way, you must let us know in each email you send to us.

Ticket ID: WJO-141001
Department: Support McIDAS