[McIDAS #CXH-788694]: Password for download McIDAS software no working

Hi,

Quick note mostly for "the files":

I am able to reproduce your results in my development environment
with the exception of the listing from IMGLIST.  Here is what I get:

IMGLIST HRITHIM/TEST FORM=ALL TRACE=1

Image file directory listing for:HRITHIM/TEST
 Pos Satellite/         Date       Time      Center      Res (km)   Image_Size
     sensor                                 Lat  Lon    Lat   Lon
 --- -------------  ------------  --------  ---- ----  ----- ----- ------------
   1  HIM-CAST       9 SEP 22252  16:00:00  -999  999
   Band: 7    3.9 um IR Low Cloud/Fog Fire detection                2750 x 2750
   Band: 8    6.2 um IR Upper-Level Water vapor                     2750 x 2750
     proj:    0 created: 2022252 160000  memo: Himawari HRIT format
     type:WARC     cal type:RAW
     offsets:  data=   28928 navigation=  256 calibration= 2816 auxiliary=    0
     doc length:   0   cal length:   0   lev length:   0 PREFIX=   0
     valcod:          0 zcor:  1 avg-smp: N
     lcor:-5499  ecor: -5499  bytes per pixel: 2  ss:289
     Resolution Factors (base=1):   Line=    4.0   Element=    4.0
IMGLIST: done

So, the version of SATBAND included in the SSEC/Unidata 2021 release does have
appropriate information on Himawari images in HRIT format distributed in
EUMETCAST and it is used correctly by IMGLIST.  This reinforces my previous
guess that a different SATBAND is being used in the setup you were running
IMGLIST (imglist.k).

The immediate questions for you are:

- I assume that there really are two bands represented in the files you
  provided

  Is this also your understanding, and, if yes, are these the bands that
  are to be expected?

- are the indicated sizes for the two bands correct?

  They don't match the 5500x5500 size that you indicated in a previous
  email, so I am assuming that they are not correct, but I want to make
  sure.

Now I have to find the documentation for this HRIT format, see what
changed from the previous version(s), and then figure out what needs
to be changed in the McIDAS server code.

Ticket ID: CXH-788694
Department: Support McIDAS