[McIDAS #TPR-118076]: 20220810: GOESR L2 Smoke and Dust products all blank

Don't look now, but I'm back...

Well, the change in the ability to display the Smoke and/or Dust
fields from the AerosolDetection product _was_ due to something that
I did in the ABIN AGET source code.  Color me embarrassed!

In case you are interested, in a code update that I made some time
ago, I had failed to take into account that an L2 variable could be of
type NC_BYTE or NC_UBYTE; I had put in cases for NC_SHORT, NC_USHORT,
and NC_FLOAT, but not signed or unsigned bytes.  The Smoke and Dust
fields are both NC_UBYTE as are their _FillValues.  Luckily, the
structure that I used made it simple to add support for the
byte data types, so I was able to implement a fix in short order.

I will be updating the ABIN AGET server code on all of our public
facing ADDE server machines after sending this message...

I am attaching a copy of the updated source code, abinaget.cp, to
this reply so that you can implement the same fix.  Here's how:

<as 'mcidas'>

cd ~mcidas/mcidas2020a/src
mv abinaget.cp abinaget.cp.20220627

-- copy the new version of abinaget.cp to the ~mcidas/mcidas2020a/src
   directory

run:

make abinaget && rm ~/bin/abinaget && ln abinaget ~/bin

I have redone plots using the data file you sent in your original
inquiry and for one of the images I had captured on August 12, 2021,
and both displays look reasonable (to me, at least).

Aside:

It is ironic that the other AerosolDetection files that I still have
in my testing set were from 1 year ago today!  Eerie :-)

As usual, please let me know the results of your testing...

Ticket ID: TPR-118076
Department: Support McIDAS