[McIDAS #USW-595984]: 20200416: GLM imagery / McIDAS / CoD processing

Hi Mike,

re:
> Okay, I just figured out the abincalb.inc part of the mystery.  This is how
> I know I'm sleep-deprived, it was staring me in the face the whole time.
>
> The TTU GLM data has FED as BAND=28, while the VLAB L3 FED data has
> BAND=39.  Sure enough, 28 vars down in abincalb.inc is GFED, while 39 down
> is FED5.  They're two different variables!  To that end, the max value for
> FED5 is 128.0.  That's close enough to explain how they look so visually
> similar.

Ah Ha!  128 is much closer to 100, so that would account for that part
of the mystery.

re:
> I hadn't got so far as probing values in the GUI, that would have
> been my next step, and I'm guessing that's where I would have seen more of
> a fine-grain difference.

Right.

re:
> As an aside, VLAB L2 FED is BAND=36, and that var is VFED.  Out of
> curiosity, will there be a use for BAND 28/GFED (and similar TTU vars)
> after that data set is discontinued?

No, but the values will probably have to be maintained for those that
have archived case studies.

re:
> I still want to poke at this a little more, and I want to get you some
> better samples with actual geospatial referencing so we can take a closer
> look at the spatial differences.

Again, be careful when comparing Level 2 TTU products with Level 3 Vlab
products.

re:
> Back again soon,

I'm off, and will not have access to our inquiry tracking system until I
get home some time after 7 pm MDT.

Ticket ID: USW-595984
Department: Support McIDAS