[McIDAS #USW-595984]: 20200416: GLM imagery / McIDAS / CoD processing

Hi Mike,

re:
> RE updating the various scripts:
> Understood.  At least now I know how to work around that so it's all good
> as far as I'm concerned.

Excellent.

re:
> You should still be able to get into that VM via Climate.  Knock yourself
> out.  Stuff is running but it can be turned off (ldmadmin stop should take
> care of it).  If you run into any issues let me know.

I just SSHed into the VM, thanks.

Since the needed flags are for 'gfortran', I am down to comparing
the output from 'gfortran --version' on our systems and yours for
the needed changes to 'mccomp.sh'.

Here are the differences:

Example from a current Unidata Rocky Linux system:

$ gfortran --version
GNU Fortran (GCC) 8.5.0 20210514 (Red Hat 8.5.0-10)

Now, the same run on your Ubuntu VM:

$ gfortran --version
GNU Fortran (Ubuntu 11.2.0-19ubuntu1) 11.2.0

So, I can easily differentiate the 'gfortran' versions, but what I don't
know (yet) is the version where 'gfortran' changes started requiring
the additional flags for "older" code.  I will do some Googling to see
if the answer to this question is available...

Aside:  do you have an "older" Ubuntu system on which 'gfortran' is
installed?  If yes, what is the result of 'gfortran --version' on it?

Ticket ID: USW-595984
Department: Support McIDAS