[McIDAS #USW-595984]: 20200416: GLM imagery / McIDAS / CoD processing

Hi Mike,

NOTE: I was in the middle of writing this when your follow-up email came
in.  I will leave what I was writing, so you can see that your sleuthing
was in the exact area that I was going to recommend you look at!

re:
> Ooo, a hidden debug command, nice!

Well, it is not actually hidden.  The TRACE= keyword is one of the
Global Keywords that is defined in the McIDAS-X Users Guide.

re:
> Attached is the trce file.  FYI, the file appeared in the PWD not in MCPATH
> (I was in /home/mcidas, which was not in MCPATH).  I also didn't find a
> DEBUG setting in abinaget.cp, so I hope this captured something insightful.

There is apparently either with the names of the Level3 files, or the
copy abinaget.cp that you are using does not have the correct extended
regular expression that is used to parse the file name.

Please check the source code module 'abinaget.cp' and find the definition of
EREGEXP.  It should look like:

  const char          EREGEXP[] =
".._(ABI|GLM)-((L1b|L[23])-(.{3,5})(F|C|M[12]|AK|HI|PR))-M([346])(_|C.._)G(1[6-9])_s(.{7})(.{6})";

If it does not, it means that your copy of abinaget.cp is not the same as the
copy
that is running on all of our publicly facing ADDE servers.  This is likely
the case since I made a comment to you a couple/three days ago that I would
put out the latest v2022a snapshot on FTP for you to grab, and I have not
yet done that, so you do not have the same code as is running on our public
ADDE servers.

Let me stick the latest v2020a snapshot out on FTP for you to grab right now...
Done.  Please grab the current v2020a files, and use the copies of abinadir.cp,
abinaget.cp, abinparm.h, abincalb.inc, and kbxscmi.dlm from the new tarball
in your test setup.

Why did I not stick the files out on FTP before now?  I have been waiting
for the other site that requested a current release to get back to me
that they are ready to do a download, but they have not responded since
Monday morning.

Ticket ID: USW-595984
Department: Support McIDAS