[McIDAS #VGL-803386]: Re: [mcidas-x] 20220617: upcoming product addition to the IDD NIMAGE feed

Hi Matthew,

re:
> Thanks for this!  Please pardon my delayed response.

No worries.  I have a ton of stuff I have to get done by tomorrow morning,
so it was not like I was waiting on your reply :-)

re:
> I think the descriptor is good – it captures all of the elements.  It
> is sometimes hard to be very short handed about it and not lose meaning.

Well, my take on the descriptors had to change since the Vlab GLM products
are available in from GOES-East and GOES-West, and they are available
as Level2 and Level3 products.  Here is what I decided to settle on
for dataset names:

NPGOESR/GEVGLML2FD - GOES-16 - real-time
NPGOESR/GEVGLML3FD - GOES-16 - real-time

NPGRALL/GEVGLML2FD - GOES-16 - archive
NPGRALL/GEVGLML3FD - GOES-16 - archive

NPGOESS/GWVGLML2FD - GOES-17 - real-time
NPGOESS/GWVGLML3FD - GOES-17 - real-time

NPGSALL/GWVGLML2FD - GOES-17 - archive
NPGSALL/GWVGLML3FD - GOES-17 - archive

NPGWEST/GWVGLML2FD - GOES-West - real-time
NPGWEST/GWVGLML3FD - GOES-West - real-time

NPGWALL/GWVGLML2FD - GOES-West - archive
NPGWALL/GWVGLML3FD - GOES-West - archive

So, what's the difference in GOES-17 vs GOES-West?

During the GOES-18 interleave tests, GOES-West sets will contain both
GOES-17 and GOES-18 images, so I figured that a differentiation needed
to be made for those users that wanted to limit their displays to GOES-17.

Hopefully, everything will go smoothly with a) the addition of the products to
the IDD NIMAGE feed (this should be as simple as switching the feed name
in the script that injects the images into the LDM queue), b) the ADDE server
setup (hopefully, I haven't fat fingered anything), and c) the ADDE server
working correctly on the images.  I have, of course, tested ADDE serving of the
images on my development machine, but I ran into a problem on the public
facing ADDE server machines last night with support of GeoColor images using
the latest ABIN server code, and I have not been able to figure out why
it stopped working correctly, and this has made me wary of the support for
the Vlab GLM products.  Ugh!  Hopefully, I will find and fix the problem
sometime this afternoon!

Ticket ID: VGL-803386
Department: Support McIDAS