[McIDAS #YAX-451139]: Creating TruColor RGB from GOES-16

Hi Carol,

> OK that run.k worked.

Very good.

re:
> Since I'm running these scripts as the ldm user, I'm
> wondering if there's an issue with creating a new dataset in the mcbasi
> script.

It would depend on how you have your MCPATH defined.

re:
> run.k MYDATA/AREAS 'DAY=221 TIME=21:56:17' FILE=ABITRUCOL.MCB
> At line 1048 of file dsserve.f (unit = 21, file =
> '/home/mcidas/workdata/RESOLV.SRV')
> Fortran runtime error: Cannot write to file opened for READ

This tells me that your 'ldm' user is trying to read AND write
entries in the /home/mcidas/workdata/RESOLV.SRV file and, most
likely, 'ldm' does not have write permission for that file.

In order to not have to worry about things like this, I
create a self-contained McIDAS environment for scripts
run as user 'ldm', and in this environment, my McIDAS
working directory, MCDATA, is ~ldm/mcidas/data (which I
created), and in this directory is a copy of the file
RESOLV.SRV that will be used (read/written) by McIDAS
processes run by 'ldm'.

re:
> Using Current Frame: 1
> User Input Dataset (or Alias): MYDATA/AREAS
>
> Set up a local dataset for copied AREA files
> This BATCH file uses AREA file numbers 4501-4550
>
> DSSERVE ADD RGB/TEMP AREA 4501 4540
> DSSERVE failed, RC=2
>
> An error has occurred.  Please correct the error and try again.

Yup, DSSERVE is unable to write to /home/mcidas/workdata/RESOLV.SRV.
You could change the permissions on this file, or you could generalize
your environment for 'ldm' to use its own copy of RESOLV.SRV.

Again, if you'd like to Meet to discuss this in greater detail, please
let me know.

Ticket ID: YAX-451139
Department: Support McIDAS