[McIDAS #YAX-451139]: Creating TruColor RGB from GOES-16

Hi Carol,

re:
> Can you go over how to create the remapped images into a shared dataset? I
> already remap all the images into various locations in MYDATA/AREAS, so
> maybe I'm already remapping the images into a shared dataset?

The nice thing about ADDE datsets is that you can have many different ones
whose contents overlap.

Let's assume that you IMGREMAP the needed bands into AREA files whose
numbers are consecutive.  Furthermore, let's assume that those AREA
files are in the ~/mcidas/data directory.  Finally, let's assume that
the AREA file numbers all lie in the range of 4000 - 4002.

Define an ADDE dataset using DSSERVE:

DSSERVE ADD REMAP/LOC1 AREA 4000 4002 "Test of multiple remapped image bands in
a dataset

This assumes, of course that the ~/mcidas/data directory is in the MCPATH of
the user you are when you creating this dataset.

An equally easy thing to do would be to create subdirectories in which
remapped images for a specific site would be written/read.  For instance,
if you were going to remap images centered on Denver, you could put the
remapped images in the ~/mcidas/data/DENVER directory, and create an
ADDE dataset using the fact that images centered on Denver and only
Denver will live in the directory:

DSSERVE ADD REMAP/DENVER AREA DIRFILE=/home/user/mcidas/data/DENVER/AREA*
"Images remapped over Denver

Since more than one band of a date/time will exist in the directory,
you will need to specify the DAY=, TIME= and BAND= keywords when you
want to display a particular BAND at the DAY and TIME specified.  The
good news is that the McBASI script ABITRUCOL.MCB allows you to specify
the DAY and TIME on the command line (please refer to the example I
sent you previously).

Aside:

The procedure above is what ABITRUCOL.MCB does internally since it allows
the user to specify use of a part of the source images - it uses IMGCOPY
to copy the specific bands that it needs to a location, creates an
ADDE dataset for those images, and then uses the dataset in IMGREMAP,
IMGOPER and IMGCOPY commands.

Please let me know if the above is not clear enough.  If needed, we
could do a Meet to walk through the process.

Ticket ID: YAX-451139
Department: Support McIDAS