[McIDAS #RHQ-229966]: Missing (/mis-configured?) SHIPBUOY data files

Hi Kwan,

re:
> Thank you, Tom.  I have been doing just fine as well.

Excellent!

re:
> Yes, Tom.  I contacted you this time last year regarding the 10-day missing
> data in the SYNOPTIC dataset.  I think you wrote a Bash script to download
> some of the missing data from SSEC (I have attached our email exchange
> below for your reference).

I had forgotten that part.  Thanks for reminding me.

re:
> I am not sure if your script also downloaded
> the SHIPBUOY dataset as well.

I just looked at the script that I used to get the data from the
SSEC DataCenter, and it looks like I did (try to) get the SHIPBUOY
MD files.  I then looked at the location where the MD files were/should
have been downloaded and I do not see a gap in SHIPBUOY MD files, at
least, not by name.  When I tried to do a PTLIST listing of a range
of days from AUGUST 2019, I get an error that indicates that not all
of the files in the set have the MD file schema.  My original guess
is that there is/are one or more files that in the set that are not
the correct file type.  This will take time to investigate.

re:
> The missing data that I am looking for was
> during Hurricane Dorian in 2019.  The data is missing every 10 days between
> 28 Aug 2019 to 29 Apr 2020 (in contrast with the entire archive in
> SYNOPTIC).

OK.  Thanks for specifying the dates you are interested in.

re:
> Perhaps you still have the Bash script available?

Yes, I still have the script that I used.  Like I said above, troubleshooting
will take some time.

Ticket ID: RHQ-229966
Department: Support McIDAS