[McIDAS #RHQ-229966]: Missing (/mis-configured?) SHIPBUOY data files

Hi Kwan,

re:
> It's been a while since we last communicated.  Hope that things have been
> fine on your end.

I am well, thanks.  I hope that you are also!

re:
> It has caught my attention that in the ship/buoy data archive from 28 Aug
> 2019 through 29 Apr 2020, the files are labeled as "Mand. Level TEMPSHIP"
> every 10 days.  I checked one of those files and found no buoy data in it.
> Perhaps some sort of error(s) resulted in these files being mis-configured
> every 10 days in this period?

I think that there are two things here:

- the availability of the TEMPSHIP MD files every 10 days was a result of
  the same bug that resulted in the surface MD files being available every
  10 days

  I seem to recall that one of the comments I made when we had exchanges
  about the surface MD files was that I knew about the other MD files
  saving problem, but I was not able to fix them.  I can look up our
  previous exchanges to remind myself of what was said then if it is
  important.

- the contents of the TEMPSHIP MD files is fixed by the SCHEMA that
  is used when they are created

  SSEC created the SCHEMA that is used for the TEMPSHIP data, so I
  simply went with what they provided.

I think that you want to be looking at the SHIPBUOT set.  I can't
recall if it also has the 10 day saving glitch that I noted above,
but I assume that it does/did.

Ticket ID: RHQ-229966
Department: Support McIDAS