[McIDAS #RHY-280468]: Missing real-time base reflectivity data on ADDE server

Hi Bob,

re:
> The National Mosaic base-reflectivity data appears to not contain any
> data in the past 2 days. Files are there, but they do not display any data:
>
> NEXRCOMP/1KN0R-NAT
>
> The Hydrid reflectivity appears OK:
>
> NEXRCOMP/1KDHR-NAT
>
> I'm receiving NEXRCOMP datasets from lead.unidata.ucar.edu

I just finished answering another user's inquiry about missing N0R
data.  My investigations showed that we are getting N0R products, but
they are only from the Pacific region and Puerto Rico.  Since these
products are not included in the NEXRCOMP 1KN0R-NAT composites, the
products will have been empty or missing because of the lack of N0R
data being sent by the NWS in NOAAPort.  I did a search to see if
there as an announcement about the availability of N0R products, but
I didn't see anything relevant.  It may be possible that the NWS
is unaware of the CONUS N0R products being missing since the WFOs
pretty much use the DHR products instead.

The other thing that may or may not be relevant is this notice about
software upgrades being done this morning and the affect on NEXRAD
Level 2 data:

Date:    Thu, 06 May 2021 12:02:51 -0500
Maintenance activity is complete.

Thank you.

address@hidden> wrote:

    Correction on the start time.

    Start Time: 10:30 AM (Central Time) Thursday May 5th, 2021

    Sorry for any confusion.

    address@hidden> wrote:

        Radar Operations Center (ROC) will be performing software updates
        which will affect the data flow of the Level II Network TDS path. The
        activity is a software update on the National Level II (NL2) servers
        in Silver Spring, MD.

        Start Time: 9:00 AM (Central Time) Thursday May 5th, 2021
        Duration: 2 hours
        Event:  Software update (Silver Spring, MD)

        The activity will take about 2 hours to complete and will affect the
        Data flow of the “Silver Spring, MD TDS Level II Path” for up to 30
        minutes during that window.  The Data Path via Norman, OK/RDS NL2
        servers is not part of this activity. (No service interruption via RDS
        path is anticipated.)

        Please keep BOTH NL2 connections (Silver Spring & Norman) up to avoid
        data flow interruption.

        National Level II (NL2) status information via weather.gov is
        available.

        https://www.weather.gov/nl2/

        NEXRAD View - WSR-88D monitoring by site location
        SPG View - TDWR Status via the NWS SPG
        SERVER View - NL2 server & Network status (Shows site connectivity AND
        Silver Spring vs Norman Data flow)
        CONTROL View - Shows data latency for each NL2 server
        LDM View - Level II Data flow from site
        NPN View - Shows FSL2 data from the NOAA Profiler Network

        If there is any emergency associated with Level II data flow noted
        during this event, support can be reached at (405) 820-3646  or
        address@hidden

        Thank you.

        --
        William Greenwood