[McIDAS #ZNQ-188340]: Displaying SST via L2 GOES-16 Products

Hi Carol,

re:
> As always, thanks for the detailed and quick reply.
>
> You suggested: SU INI L2-SST ABIN SST

Yes, I did this after listing out a value for a point in
an image that I displayed using IMGDISP.

re:
> Thus, the units are SST?

The calibration type was SST and the unit for the point I listed
was K.

What does the D output for any point in an image you display using
IMGDISP?

Recall, my previous comment made a comment about what the results
would depend on the version of McIDAS you are using.  What version
are you using?

re:
> That didn't seem to work, so I tried K, TEMP, and RAW.

Again, what are the calibration types listed for any point in any
SST image loaded with IMGDISP?

re:
> SST, K, and TEMP gave me this error....
> imgdisp.k MYDATA/AREAS.10 MAG= EU=L2-SST.ET SU=L2-SST
> imgdisp.k: Units requested are not available for this image
> imgdisp.k: done

re:
> When I used RAW, it worked but then the plot was blank. See attached. It
> looks like the BAR is correct.
> [mcidas@typhoon ~]$ su.k TABLE L2-SST
> BREAKPOINTS STORED IN TABLE : L2-SST.ST
> INPUT       OUTPUT
> -----       ------
> 270           3
> 307           251
> CALIBRATION TYPE  : ABIN
> CALIBRATION UNITS : RAW
> BAND NUMBER       : -1
> INTERPOLATION TYPE: LIN
> su.k: DONE

That mapping is between RAW and BRIT, and the small range in RAW
values is undoubtedly the reason that the display was blank.

re:
> Maybe, there's a different unit to use in the SU? What are your thoughts?

Can you display an image and then interrogate it using 'D'?  As soon as
we know what your 'D' invocation is listing out we will know what to
do from there.

Ticket ID: ZNQ-188340
Department: Support McIDAS