[McIDAS #GRR-948941]: GRDLIST to adde.ucar.edu

Hi Robert,

re:
> OK, this is OK for archive...

Okey dokey :-)

re:
> I have tried IDV but it hasn't been really suited for us.

I understand.  It is my observation that one either loves IDV/McV
or hates them.  There doesn't seem to be a middle ground.

re:
> So with DMGRID, if isn't kicked off from a data monitor, how would one pass
> it the
> data to decode, thinking of GEMPAK dcgrib2 where it is cat file | dcgrib2
> output,
> although I know it likely would not be like that with DMGRID.

I haven't worked through exactly how to do this, but I would imagine that
the easiest thing to do would be to follow how DMGRID processing is
connected to the LDM - cat a GRIB1 message into an ingebin.k instance.

The Unidata setup for connecting model data to XCD is via actions in
an LDM pattern-action file that PIPE the grid products to a Bourne
Shell script named 'xcd_run'.  One configures 'xcd_run' with needed
McIDAS stuff, and away you go.  Again, I have not worked out the
details, so the previous comment(s) should be understood to be
conceptual.

re:
> Thanks again,

No worries.