[McIDAS #GRR-948941]: GRDLIST to adde.ucar.edu

Hi Robert,

re:
> I installed McIDAS v2019 on one of our servers with mysql support
> for experimenting again with model data on McIDAS, something I
> haven't done in several years.

Me neither.  More on this below...

re:
> I installed mysql on CentOS (7.9), made sure it was running, then
> compiled McIDAS (make all). Compilation was fine.

Very good.  My McIDAS development environment is CentOS 8.3.2011.
We (Unidata) totally skipped CentOS 8 in favor of CentOS 8 since it
will have a longer support life.

re:
> I pointed RTGRIB2 to adde.ucar.edu, however when I tried to test
> a grdlist on the 13km RAP as a test, I get:
>
> /usr2/config/mcidas/data% grdlist.k RTGRIB2/RUC-USLC13KM
> grdlist.k: Error: DATABASE in dsserve, but not on machine
> GRDLIST - done
> /usr2/config/mcidas/data%
>
> Is that error on my end, or on adde.ucar.edu?

Quite frankly, we are not running the mysql-based GRIB2 decoding.
Why?  I kept an eye on what was being accessed on through the
ADDE servers we operate, and there were _no_ accesses for model
data for over a year, so I simply turned off the processing.
Our servers (which in aggregate are serving on the order of 1.5 TB
per day) are used for a) satellite imagery, b) POINT data, c) radar
data, and d) TEXT data.

Ticket ID: GRR-948941
Department: Support McIDAS