[McIDAS #SBY-235893]: Converting SV file from NOAA CLASS archive

HI Robert,

re: (from post to the mcidas-x email list)
> I just found this on your online DSSERVE help page:
>
> POES and Metop Level 1b Dataset Remarks
>
> You can access Metop FRAC AVHRR Level 1b or POES/NOAA AVHRR Level 1b files
> downloaded
> from NOAA CLASS (http://www.class.noaa.gov) with the IMG* commands by using
> DSSERVE
> to assign a dataset name to the files. When doing so, specify "LV1B" in the
> format
> parameter, TYPE=IMAGE, and the directory and file masks in the DIRFILE
> keyword. To
> process the data (during client command data requests) using the file's
> line-by-line
> lat/lon navigation (rather than the orbital navigation at the beginning of
> the file),
> also include the keyword INFO=LALO. You can compare the two navigation types
> by using
> DSSERVE to make two datasets that are identical except that one includes
> INFO=LALO.
>
> Despite the .SV extension the CLASS files did work after added the dataset:
> Should have just tried DSSERVE first. It reads them fine (tip from Matthew):
>
> -----Original Message----- Image file directory listing for:596N/ALL
> Pos Satellite/         Date       Time      Center   Band(s)
> sensor                                 Lat  Lon
> --- -------------  ------------  --------  ---- ---- ------------
> 1  METOP-A        8 JUN 09159  09:40:36    65  -16 1-2,4-6
> 2  METOP-A        8 JUN 09159  08:00:10    71  -48 1-2,4-6
> 3  METOP-A        8 JUN 09159  11:20:13    68    6 1-2,4-6
> 4  NOAA-18        8 JUN 09159  03:12:59    72   -5 1-5
> 5  NOAA-19        8 JUN 09159  02:42:13    67   -8 1-5
> imglist.k: done

Thanks for following up with the information on what it took to get the
newly downloaded AVHRR and MetOP-1 images working in McIDAS-X!  This
will undoubtedly be useful to others...

Ticket ID: SBY-235893
Department: Support McIDAS