[IDD #NCA-821765]: LATLON with McIDAS

Hi Jim,

re:
> It got rejected, so I'll try again.

I am not sure why you got rejected.  Was the indication that it was
our site rejecting you?

re: I am not sure what you mean by "remap the images as a single dataset"

> What I mean by this is that my script goes through a looping process that
> first
> determines the satellite file and outfile name for each loop image and passes
> this along
> with the other needed inputs (e.g. location, enhancements, etc.) to a McIDAS
> script that
> does the imgremap.k,  imgdisp.k and other processes to generate a single
> outfile image.
> So, I was wondering, what if I had all the files go to the McIDAS script as a
> single
> dataset and then did the imgremap.k and other processes on the entire
> dataset, rather
> than  just for a single file .

Since IMGREMAP works on one image at a time, the total length of time to
remap all of the images in your dataset should be the same.

From your comment that needed inputs like location are being passed in to the
script,
it sounds like you are working on an interface where the user can specify the
location and projection, and then the script goes off and does its task.  If the
eventually projection is always the same (e.g., MERC, RECT, etc.), it would
probably be much more efficient to remap each source image into an image
with the desired projection at the highest possible resolution, and then have
the interface simply selectively plot the region specified by the user.  The
interactive part would then be as fast as it could be.

Again, please let me know if I am not understanding something fundamental in
what you are doing...

Ticket ID: NCA-821765
Department: Support IDD