[IDD #NCA-821765]: LATLON with McIDAS

> Tom,
>
> I'm having problems with using non-integer values  latitude and longitude
> with our new
> version of McIDAS. It works well with integers, but gives an error message
> about the
> format issues and tells me to check on supported formats. I do and it tells
> me decimal
> values should be okay. Here is an example of what I'm trying to pass to
> imgdisp.k:
> "LATLON=28.2 78.8" and I get the error and the default location setting.
> However, when I
> use: "LATLON=28 79", it works. I'm fairly certain that my older version of
> McIDAS handled
> non-integer lat/lon values. Am I doing something wrong?

Here is a list (from ARGHELP) of the valid forms for specifying
latitude/longitude
values in McIDAS command invocations:

ARGHELP
Valid McIDAS lat/lon argument format:  [+-]dd:mm:ss
                                       [+-]dd.fffffE[+-]s
   where:  dd    = degrees
           mm    = minutes (<= 59)
           ss    = seconds (<= 59)
           fffff = fractional degrees

Acceptable Forms:  [+-]dd   , [+-]dd:mm  , [+-]dd:mm:ss , [+-]dd.fffff , [+-]: ,
                   [+-]dd:  , [+-]dd:mm: , [+-]dd::ss   , [+-].fffff   ,
                   [+-]dd:: , [+-]:mm:   , [+-]:mm:ss   , [+-]::ss     , [+-]:mm

Like you noted, fractional degrees are supposed to be allowed.

I just ran the following IMGDISP invocation to test if they are, in fact
supported:

DATALOC ADD RTIMAGES ADDE.SSEC.WISC.EDU
SF 1;ERASE F;IMGDISP RTIMAGES/GECNC02 LATLON=40.1 105.3 MAG=-3;MAP
Erased image frame(s) 1-1
Erased graphic frame(s) 1-1
ERASE: Done
Beginning Image Data transfer, bytes= 1427444
IMGDISP: loaded frame  1
IMGDISP: done
MAP: Completed frame 1

As you can see from the IMGDISP output, fractional latitudes and longitudes
work for me, at least.

Can you send us the exact/full invocation that you are running along with
the output from the command?  This will help to figure out what is
going on with your test.

Ticket ID: NCA-821765
Department: Support IDD