[McIDAS #KGO-649559]: Global Composite Script

Hi,

re: out of curiosity, which satellites are to be composited, and which
wavelength channel

> GOES-East, GOES-West, Himawari-8, Meteosat-11, and Meteosat-8.
> Band 9 on the Meteosat and Band 13 on the GOES satellites.

OK.  The composite could end up looking a lot like what is available
in the GLOBAL/IRCOMP dataset that is available on the three ADDE servers
that we maintain:

lead.unidata.ucar.edu
atm.ucar.edu (aka adde.ucar.edu)
adde.ssec.wisc.edu

I have attached a GIF of the latest GLOBAL/IRCOMP image (blown-down by
a factor of 2).

The images in the GLOBAL/IRCOMP and GLOBAL/WVCOMP datasets are created
every three hours by SSEC at the highest possible resolution, and we are
allowed to distribute (via IDD, ADDE, etc.) resolution reduced versions
of each.

Ticket ID: KGO-649559
Department: Support McIDAS