[McIDAS #OPE-279047]: New Sandwich Command

Hi Mike,

re:
> Thank you for letting me test these out.

No worries.  You inquiry prompted me to take a harder look at what is
available in the XRD portion of the SSEC distribution.  I am now working
on including several things that I didn't in the Unidata v2019 initial
release:

mcidas2019/src

sandwich.pgm

mcidas2019/data

OUTINGEO
OUTINPOL
OUTINSTA
OUTLSAFRST
OUTNWSCWA
SANDWICH.ET
ABITRUCOL.MCB

re:
> I got those files from your FTP, built them and initially they seem to be
> working.  I'm getting pulled to other things so I won't be able to test
> this too much now, but I did notice there was also a mention of a
> SANDWICH.ET file.  I don't know if that'll be necessary or not since it
> wasn't explicitly used in that one documented example, but would it be
> possible for me to grab that as well?

I noticed that the SANDWICH.ET file was missing several minutes after sending
you my previous reply.  I added SANDWICH.ET and an updated 'makefile' to
the stuff you can grab from our anonymous FTP site.

The other items I mention above will be available in the v2019a release
that I am putting together right now.  I need to do more testing on the
v2019a release because it also includes reworked ABIN ADIR and AGET
servers (abinadir.cp and abinaget.cp) that have already been checked
into the SSEC CVS repository, but are still awaiting rigorous testing
by SSEC.

FYI: there will be significant changes to the ABIN servers in future
releases.  The reason for the changes are to get rid of hard coding
various pieces of information about the various types of data to
be served.  The most glaring example of what I am referring to can
be seen in the file abinparm.h.  The objective that Russ Dengel and
I agreed on was to move definitions like this into INFO= file(s)
that describe various things about sets of files to be served (e.g.,
L2 products like in abinparm.h; multibanded CMIP files like those
described in the GOES-R Product User's Guide (PUG); GOES-R fusion
images being produced by CIMSS; etc.).  Moving the information out
of a file that gets compiled into the executable into a file that
gets read at server startup will allow the end-user to adjust things
like the scaling factors used for L2 products to suit their own
desires/needs.  Again, just an FYI...

Ticket ID: OPE-279047
Department: Support McIDAS