[McIDAS #ORL-827402]: Setup MCTABLE

Hi Carol,

re:
> I believe the mcenv is setup correctly for user ldm except I definitely
> don't have a MCTABLE correctly defined. When running my script it is
> recognizing the IMGLIST command, but it can't read the dataset.

What does 'DATALOC LIST <dataset grou>' return?

re:
> I don't think I appreciated your explanation about how MCTABLE needs to be
> defined. For the moment, I only need to access two local datasets that have
> been defined by user mcidas via DSSERVE. Thus, I don't think I need the
> ADDESITE.TXT in my MCTABLE environment. Do I need to reference the mcidas
> user's MCTABLE.TXT file? But I don't see a MCTABLE.TXT in /home/mcidas/data.

In the Unidata McIDAS-X distribution, the user 'mcidas' is setup with a
MCTABLE_WRITE that points at $MCHOME/data/ADDESITE.TXT.  To be able to use
the ADDE dataset DATALOC definitions in this file, your non-mcidas user
must set their MCTABLE_READ to include this file along with the file
that its MCTABLE_WRITE points to.

For instance:

In a script run by 'ldm', I would define MCTABLE_READ and MCTABLE_WRITE
as follows:

MCTABLE_READ=$MCDATA/MCTABLE.TXT;$MCHOME/data/ADDESITE.TXT
MCTABLE_WRITE=$MCDATA/MCTABLE.TXT

This sets up:

- writing to $MCDATA/MCTABLE.TXT for DATALOC invocations

- reading first from $MCDATA/MCTABLE.TXT then from $MCHOME/data/ADDESITE.TXT
  for things like DATALOC LIST, DMAP, etc.

NB:

The separator between the files listed in MCTABLE_READ is a semi-colon (;)
not a colon!

re:
> In short, how can I access local McIDAS datasets that have been defined by
> user mcidas in the ldm environment?

Use the MCTABLE_READ definition above.

Please let me know if the above helped.

Ticket ID: ORL-827402