[McIDAS #IGK-131677]: Accessing a local set of GOES 16 nc files.

Hi Stonie,

re:
> On 9/19/19 2:32 PM, Unidata McIDAS Support wrote:
> > Yup, McIDAS can definitely be used to re-project (McIDAS terms it remapping)
> > images.  The College of DuPage (COD) NEXLAB site uses Unidata McIDAS-X
> > to remap the CONUS images that are received in the GOES-R fixed grid
> > projection into the Lambert Conformal projection that users had long
> > used in the GINI images being sent in NOAAPort.

> Bingo - exactly what I am trying to do. We support a lot of ag interest,
> and with the new bands, I have been tasked with developing a GOES 16
> NDVI and mapping it to the projection that matches our state maps here:
>
> https://mesonet.unl.edu/stations

OK, and interesting indeed.  I just went to the URL you sent, and
took a look at cattle comfort index... I think that this would
be very interesting if I knew what it means :-)

re:
> So, I do have the data displaying now with your tip on the SCMI . . .

Very good.

re:
> time for me to revisit all those commands I have long forgotten.  I am
> not asking you to give up COD trade secrets, but can I assume my first
> step is converting to an AREA file?

Well, no and yes.  The McIDAS command to use is IMGREMAP which will
remap an image from one dataset into another dataset.  The input
dataset in your case will be of type SCMI, and the output will
be of type AREA.  So, the first thing you need to do is to create
an ADDE dataset definition for your resultant images.  I suggest:

DSSERVE ADD MYDATA/IMAGES AREA 1 9999 "All images in AREA format

Let me know if you would like me to guide you through the follow-on
processes.

Ticket ID: IGK-131677
Department: Support McIDAS