[McIDAS #AJH-231968]: GLM types and creating those datasets

Hi Carol,

re:
> Huh, so I guess it made sense I was confused.

Yup, completely :-)

re:
> Just to clarify, can there be more than one type in a given GLM dataset?

I don't think so.

re:
> Based on the way you have to set an INFO= in the dsserve, it sounds like
> you can only have one type.

That is why I don't think that there can be more than one type in a GLM
dataset.  At least, for now.  Who knows what SSEC has planned?

re:
> Finally, I did get the GLMDISP to work without setting the TYPE keyword.
> Very interesting haha!

Excellent, and :-)

re:
> Thanks for your investigation efforts.

No worries.

By the way, I should add that the ADDE servers on lead.unidata.ucar.edu
and atm.ucar.edu (which is currently adde.ucar.edu) have "archive"
datasets of GOES-16/17 imagery and GRB GLM L2 products:

RTGOESR  - real time set all files in 'current' directories
GOESRALL - "archive" set - all files in all daily directories
RTGOESS  - real time set all files in 'current' directories
GOESSALL - "archive" set - all files in all daily directories

In order to use the archive datasets, one typically has to specify
the DAY of the images/products desired; specifying the TIME is
optional.

Try the following:

DATALOC RTGOESR lead.unidata.ucar.edu
DATALOC ADD GOESRALL lead.unidata.ucar.edu

SF 1;ERASE F;IMGDISP RTGOESR/CONUSC02 LAT=37 102 PLACE=C MAG=-2
GLMDISP TIME=IMA INC=1 COLOR=4 TOPLABEL= X X X X 12 DATASET=RTGOESR/GLMGROUP

SF 2:ERASE F;IMGDISP GOESRALL/FDC13 LAT=0 75 MAG=-6 DAY=138;MAP
GLMDISP TIME=IMA INC=1 COLOR=4 TOPLABEL= X X X X 12 DATASET=GOESRALL/GLMGROUP

You don't have to specify the DAY in the 2nd GLMDISP invocation since the
TIME=IMA keyword says to use the DAY and TIME from the image displayed.

If, on the other hand, you had GLMDISP draw the map, you would have to
specify the DAY and TIME:

SF 3;ERASE F;GLMDISP WORLD INC=1 COLOR=4 TOPLABEL= X X X X 12
DATASET=GOESRALL/GLMGROUP DAY=138 TIME=20:00 20:05

Ticket ID: AJH-231968
Department: Support McIDAS