[McIDAS #HQH-586893]: mcidas-x download forbidden

Hi Jim,

re:
> OK, thanks, Tom.
>
> I ran with that makefile and it seemed to cruise past the netcdf stuff.

Progress, I love it :-)

re:
> It then hit upon the rocks of the next issue:
>
> gcc -c -g -I. -I../netcdf/libsrc -I../netcdf/include -I../hdf5/src
> -I../hdf5/hl/src -I../hdf/hdf/src -I../hdf/mfhdf/libsrc -I../jpeg -I../zlib
> -I../tiff/libtiff -I../
> libgeotiff -I../jasper/src/libjasper/include -I../g2clib -I../libpng
> -I../bzip2 enh24.c
> enh24.c:9:10: fatal error: X11/Xlib.h: No such file or directory
> #include <X11/Xlib.h>
>
> I don't think I have the X11 libraries on my system so I'm wondering if
> mcidas is looking for the one in /home/mcidas/mcidas2018/tk/xlib.

No, you have to install the X develoopment stuff on your machine.

re:
> I'll try the new makefile but on the chance that the above is an
> independent error, I'll include the makelog from this last run.

The latest error is being caused by the lack of an X development
installation on your machine.  Since this is not included as part
of the McIDAS distribution, you will need to install it as 'root'.

Here is the list of things I needed to install on my Ubuntu
v14.04 LTS machine:

For Ubuntu 14.04

apt-get update

Development
--------------------------------------
gcc            - already installed
gfortran       - apt-get install gfortran
gcc-c++        - g++ already installed
byacc          - bison already installed
flex           - flex already installed
libX11-dev
libXt-dev
libXext-dev

ncurses         - libncurses5 already installed
ncurses-devel   - apt-get install libncurses5-dev

kernel-devel
kernel-headers

Fonts
--------------------------------------
xorg-x11-fonts-misc     <- for mctext
xorg-x11-fonts-100dpi   <- for McGUI
xorg-x11-fonts-75dpi    <- for McGUI

What you may need to install depends on what is already installed on
your machine.

You should be able to install the packages above and continue the build
where it left off.  At worst, you may need to restart the build from
the beginning:

<as 'mcidas'>
cd ~mcidas/mcidas2018/src
make clobber