[McIDAS #HQH-586893]: mcidas-x download forbidden

Hi Jim,

re:
> First, thanks for putting all this time in on my install.

No worries.

re:
> Doesn't the build process need to know which fortran compiler you're using?

The script that is sourced in ~mcidas/admin sets needed environment variables.
While it is a good idea to set VENDOR, it should not be absolutely needed
since there is logic to set other environment variables based on the type
of OS being used (e.g., Linux, etc.).

re:
> Unfortunately, I end up at the same failure point in the netcdf-4 build.  I
> attach a copy of the config.log file from the netcdf directory.  -I and -L
> compiler arguments for zlib seem to suggest there are directories named
> /home/mcidas/mcidas/zlib/inlcude and /home/mcidas/mcidas/zlib/lib when in
> fact all the *.h and *.a files exist together in /home/mcidas/mcidas/zlib.

The Zlib "stuff" should be in the ~mcidas/mcidas2018/zlib directory and
subdirectories.  Did you mis-type when you noted /home/mcidas/mcidas/zlib?

Is there any chance that I could logon to your machine as 'mcidas' so
I can take a look?  The main reason for this would be a learning
exercise for me as I have not tried building under Ubuntu 18.x.

If you can arrange for me to get a logon, please do NOT send the
login credentials in a reply in this email chain!!!!!  Instead, you
could send the password for 'mcidas' in a separate email ** with
no reference to the account it pertains to or the machine for which
it is valid to my UCAR email address, address@hidden.  I would then
need to know the name of your machine, but that could be sent in
a reply to this email chain.

Ticket ID: HQH-586893
Department: Support McIDAS