[McIDAS #HQH-586893]: mcidas-x download forbidden

Hi Jim,

re:
> I'm running Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS.

OK, thanks.  I have no experience with v18.04.1 LTS, but I would expect
things to build and run correctly under it (but, of course, I could be
mistaken).

re:
> Thanks for all the details.  I thought I had followed the directions but
> I'll try again from scratch.  It did get pretty far, grinding along for
> quite some time before hitting a series of issues.

Can you send me the end of the McIDAS make log file so I can take a look
at specifics?  I figure that the last 100 lines of ~mcidas/mcidas2018/src
should be sufficient.

re:
> Do you recommend running from bash instead of one of the alternative shells
> such as tcsh?

No.  I included steps for BASH users that I extracted from the Preparing the
mcidas
account portion of the Unidata McIDAS-X User's Guide since so many folks use
BASH now.  Here is the URL for the page I am referring to:

https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/current/users_guide/PreparingthemcidasAccount.html

This page has equivalent steps for Cshell-like users.

Ticket ID: HQH-586893
Department: Support McIDAS