[McIDAS #HQH-586893]: mcidas-x download forbidden

Hi Jim,

re:
> I can't seem to download the package.  I've registered and am logged in, as
> far as I can tell.

Our license to distribute our version of McIDAS-X/-XCD, Unidata McIDAS-X
allows us to make the software available to educational institutions.  We
are also allowed to make Unidata McIDAS-X available to members in good
standing of the UW/SSEC McIDAS User's Group (MUG).  We are not allowed to
make the package available to government agencies, business entities or
individuals (there is sometimes some wiggle room WRT making the software
available to individuals, but not often).

Your registration with the Unidata website has your Gmail address,
address@hidden, not a '.edu' address, so automatic access was
blocked.  If you are a student/staff member at a U.S. educational
institution, then we can add you to an "exceptions list" that will
allow you to download Unidata McIDAS-X.  Please let us know if this
is the case.

Ticket ID: HQH-586893
Department: Support McIDAS