[McIDAS #YJC-142518]: McIDAS download issue

Hi Calin,

re:
> I was wondering if you can help with my account (recently created:
> address@hidden) to allow me to download McIDAS software.
> I am working for the Department of  Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
> at McGill University in Montreal, Quebec, CANADA and I have been
> requested to try to provision some of our lab workstations with
> this software.

OK.

re:
> Unfortunately, every time I am trying to go to McIDAS download page,
> I get this message: You don't have permission to access
> /downloads/mcidas/index.jsp on this server.

Our license with the owner/originator of the McIDAS-X software allows
us to distribute our version of McIDAS, Unidata McIDAS-X/-XCD to
educational institutions and not government agencies, private
companies or individuals.  The download rules that we have put
in place are simple in that they allow direct access to Unidata
McIDAS-X if/when the email address used to register the user/site
ends in '.edu'.  For all other users that are to be allowed access,
we need to update an "exceptions page" to specifically allow that
user/site's access.  Since you are representing the Department of
Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences at McGill University, we can
add you to this exceptions list.

re:
> I would really appreciate your assistance.

I have just added you/the email address you used to register with the
Unidata website, address@hidden, to the list of non '.edu'
sites that are allowed access to Unidata McIDAS-X-/-XCD.

Please note:

I am in the process of making the newest version of Unidata McIDAS-X/-XCD,
v2018a, available.  I should be putting this version in the Downloads/mcidas
section of our website sometime this week, hopefully as early as Wednesday.
I would advise you to wait until the new version is released before
downloading and installing McIDAS as the new release contains many
enhancements and bug fixes that are not in the v2017 version that is
available for download now.  Nonetheless, it might be helpful to you
to try and download the v2017 distribution as that will verify that
you have been properly granted access.

Also, once you have downloaded McIDAS-X (again, preferably later this week),
please don't hesitate to ask for advice on installing and configuring
the package!

re:
> All the best,

Welcome aboard!