[McIDAS #GXB-893397]: NPGOESS dataset on lead.unidata.ucar.edu

Hi Bob,

re:
> We had a user ask us if there was any freely-available ADDE server with
> GOES-17 data.  Just stumbling around, I saw that lead.unidata.ucar.edu
> has a RTGOESS dataset set up with GOES-17 descriptors/image types, but
> no data.

Correct.

re:
> I also saw that NPGOESS on lead.unidata.ucar.edu does appear
> to have L1 data for the FD, CONUS, M1, and M2 domains.

Correct again.

re:
> My question is, can I tell the user about this NPGOESS dataset on
> lead.unidata.ucar.edu, or is this something you're still working on and
> don't want it advertised yet?

I was literally just crafting an announcement to several Unidata-maintained
email lists on the impending availability of GOES-17 data.  We plan to turn
on access this Sunday in time for the AMS Annual Meeting.

re:
> He asked the question on the McIDAS-V
> forums, so the server/dataset would be posted there for anyone to see.

It is OK to post ** IF ** you list all of the ADDE servers that we will
be making the GOES-17 ABI imagery and GLM lightning data available on:

adde.ucar.edu
atm.ucar.edu
lead.unidata.ucar.edu

Please include the server in this order!!!!!

re:
> Thanks!

No worries.

Ticket ID: GXB-893397