[McIDAS #VQU-472558]: imgcopy UNIT parameter

Hi Carol,

re: Meteosat native projection is an idealized satellite projection

> Ok good to know.

re:
> I'll see if check if they would like mercator projection
> versus the MSG idealized satellite projection.

I would suggest the RECTilinear projection instead of the MERCator
projection as:

- the McIDAS MERCator projection is not a true Mercator projection

- RECTilinear is a simple Lat,Lon projection whose measures (delta
  in line and element dimensions) are fixed, but not necessarily the
  same as each other

Comment:

- the closer one gets to the Equator, the harder it is to tell the
  difference between the McIDAS MERCator and RECTilinear projections

  I say this because you specifically commented on Africa being the
  target area, and Africa spans the Equator.

Ticket ID: VQU-472558
Department: Support McIDAS