[McIDAS #VQU-472558]: imgcopy UNIT parameter

Hi Carol,

re:
> Haha!! I'll keep that in mind. Right, without using MAG, the resolution
> would be the same as the native resolution, and yes UNIT=TEMP for water
> vapor and infrared channels. Got it!

I'd say: without the MAG= keyword, the resolution in the IMGCOPY copy will
be the same as the image being copied :-)

re:
> I've got another question.... shocker!
>
> Can you use IMGLIST FORM=ALL to get the projection of an image? It looks
> like there's a proj:  0, but how would you find the projection of any given
> image. I'm trying to find the native projection of the meteosat-11 files.

In general, no.  Some ADDE servers include a reference to the projection
in the image's memo field, but since this is not required, you can not
count on it.

The 'proj:' value is the project number that the image was created
under.  This is a real McIDAS thing and so does not mean much to most
of the world :-)

The native projection of a Meteosat-11 image is the MSG (Meteosat
Second Generation) projection.  The MSG projection is an idealized
satellite projection just like the Fixed Grid projection used in GOES-R,
but the formulation of the two projections is different.

NB:

- all Meteosat imagery is remapped into their MSG idealized satellite
  projection before dissemination

- all GOES-R imagery is remapped into the so called Fixed Grid projection
  before dissemination

re:
> Thanks,

No worries.