[McIDAS #CLA-376903]: GLM plots

Hi Carol,

re:
> Thanks for your detailed explanations. I should I have been more explicit
> in my initial e-mail. Now I'll just use visuals to explain haha.

:-)

re:
> I'm currently making this kind of satellite imagery with GLM. I'm plotting
> an interval of 15 minutes of GLM data to correspond with 15 minutes before
> the satellite image to the time of the satellite image. For example. 11:30
> UTC image with GLM data 11:15 - 11:30 UTC.
>
> http://catalog.eol.ucar.edu/relampago/showfile/66358561

OK, I understand.

re:
> I want to make something more similar to this image. Every minutes 5 of the
> 15 minute interval of GLM is plotted a different color. This image is every
> 10 minutes of the 30 minute interval of GLM is plotted a different color.
>
> http://catalog.eol.ucar.edu/relampago/showfile/66358836

OK.

re:
> In your example, GLMDISP X 11 DAT=RTGOESR/GLMGROUP TIME=IMA TDAY=CAL
> DAY=IMA NAV=11 INC=15 5
>
> What happens for the INC=15 5    ????

It creates 3 overlays of 5-minute intervals in different colors for a
total time span of 15 minutes where the last 5-minute interval ends
on the image time.

I am attaching a FRMSAVE capture of the following example I just
created from real-time imagery so you can see the result:

IMGDISP RTGOESR/FDC13 LATLON=-31 60 PLACE=C MAG=1 1 BAND= X EU=IMAGE SU=X ALL=
11 SF=YES REFRESH='EG GRA=(GRA);MAP FILE=OUTVHPOL OUTVHPOL MCOLOR=1 1 WIDTH=1
GRA=(GRA);BAR (GRA) SU=X X COL=7 ORIENT=VER'

GLMDISP X 11 DAT=RTGOESR/GLMGROUP TIME=IMA TDAY=CAL DAY=IMA NAV=11 INC=15 5

FRMSAVE 11 GOES16_CHANNEL13_GLM_15X5.gif

Ticket ID: CLA-376903
Department: Support McIDAS