[McIDAS #YDZ-360305]: McIDAS -X acces

Hi Ernesto,

re:
> Please register now and send me the access to use the McIDAS-X.

I added the email address you used to register with the Unidata website
to the list of users/sites that are allowed to download Unidata McIDAS-X.
You should now be able to:

- login to our website
- go to the Downloads -> McIDAS pages
- download Unidata McIDAS-X to your *nix (Unix/Linux) machine

Please follow the instructions in the Unidata McIDAS User's Guide for
installing Unidata McIDAS-X:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Software -> McIDAS
  https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/#home

    Documentation
    https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/#documentation

      User's Guide
      https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/current/users_guide/toc.html

I stress using our web pages because some users make the mistake of using the
UW/SSEC web documentation for installing McIDAS-X.  The installation process
for Unidata McIDAS-X is sufficiently different from the UW/SSEC version that
trying to follow their instructions will make the entire installation and
configuration process confusing.

re:
> I thank you very much, I am sure the McIDAS-X will be very useful to
> research and teach the remote sensing courses, we want to take advantage of
> the images of the GOES -R and its applications.

Very good.

re:
> The agrarian university La Molina is unique that teaches meteorology in Peru.

This is interesting to me; thanks for the information!

Please let us know if you have any questions when preparing your workstation
and then installing Unidata McIDAS-X.

Ticket ID: YDZ-360305
Department: Support McIDAS