[McIDAS #RCY-484528]: McIDAS-X 2017 installation on ubuntu16.04

Hi Sohail,

re:
> Here is the result after following the instructions, looks still same
> problem. log file is also attached.
>
> Regards,
> Sohail?
> makelog
> <https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bDoBk5aKh4nn8eNVxkbE16N9weroLCTO/view?usp=drive_web>

The lines indicating an error in the g2clib portion of the build strongly
suggest that the environment in which you are trying to build McIDAS-X
is not complete/correct.  In particular, it appears that the CC macro is
not defined.

Please send me the output of:

<as 'mcidas'>
printenv

so I can review your environment.

Question:

- is your 'mcidas' login sourcing the shell-specific mcidas definition
  file to setup the environment?

  I believe that we went through the procedure for doing this the first
  time you built Unidata McIDAS.  The relevant Unidata McIDAS-X User's
  Guide page that describes what to do is:

Unidata McIDAS-X User's Guide
https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/current/users_guide/toc.html

  Chapter 1 - Installing and Configuring McIDAS-X

https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/current/users_guide/InstallingandConfiguringMcIDAS-X.html

    Installing McIDAS-X on Unix or Mac OS X Workstations

https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/current/users_guide/InstallingMcIDAS-XonUnixorMacOSXWorkstations.html

      Preparing the mcidas Account

https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/current/users_guide/PreparingthemcidasAccount.html

Ticket ID: RCY-484528